THE INTERNATIONAL MIDDLE YEARS CURRICULUM
The International Middle Years Curriculum is a challenging, engaging, internationally-minded, concept-focused curriculum designed specifically for:
1. Linking all subject learning to a conceptual theme known as the BIG idea.
2. Responding to the specific developmental needs of students by providing opportunities for students to work with and learn from peers, to lead their own learning and to take risks, to tackle a wide range of self-directed investigation, to experience security and familiarity through a consistent learning process, to reflect upon their learning and to connect their learning to the world around them.
3. Working towards understanding through a personal and global perspective by representing what the Big Idea means to them through an authentic creative media project.
1. Interlinking Learning connects all subjects with the BIG Idea.
2. Preparing students for the next stage of learning which includes the development of foundation subject knowledge and skills that students need for iGCSE, IB Diploma and A levels.
3. Being a part of a worldwide community to share learning experiences, ideas and resources with member schools the world over.
Every IMYC unit provides a structured approach to make sure that students' learning experiences are as stimulating as possible. This process of learning, which has taken into account findings from neuroscience and cognitive psychology, helps students to become deep, engaged, active learners rather than passive participants in their schooling.
This information has been sourced from The Great Learning website.
1. Delivering rigorous and transformational knowledge, skills and understanding using clear learning goals, differentiating between knowledge, skills and understanding goals for all subject, personal and international learning
2. Creating a challenging, student-led learning environment to regularly problem solve, think creatively, and develop personal skills such as resilience, communication and adaptability using an innovative technology based platform.
3. Providing assessments to help students improve their learning and support teachers as they evaluate knowledge, skills and understanding as we believe that they should be taught differently and assessed differently.